- 450g/1lb Lentils
- 1.1L/40fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 675g/1-1/2lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 550g/1-1/4lb Tomatoes, chopped
- 325g/12oz Capsicum (Sweet Peppers) deseeded and chopped
- 325g/12oz Onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Ginger
- 1 teasp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 level teasp Ground Cumin
- Freshly chopped Coriander to garnish
Instructions, How to make Tagine
- Place the lentils, stock and garlic in a large saucepan, bring to boil stirring, reduce the heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, tomato, peppers, onions, ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Bring back to simmering point and continue to cook, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- To serve - garnish with chopped coriander and serve with rice or couscous.